1. Yay! You did it! You made a human! That, in and of itself, is a MAJOR accomplishment. Don’t forget it.
2. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back. Actually. It’s really important to stop and congratulate yourself every now and then.
3. So find a quick second between feeding, changing poopy diapers (yes, you’re a person who says ‘poopy’ now), and wiping spit-up off your clothes for the bazillionth time to give yourself some props.
4. If you don’t, you might very well go NUTS. And if go nuts, your baby will too.
5. Because you’re connected inextricably to this adorable little human. They feed off of you, quite literally, whether you’re breast feeding or not.
6. That said, don’t sweat it if you go NUTS. A few meltdowns are to be expected—for you the little one.
7. Because everything—going to the bathroom, doing laundry, cooking yourself a meal—is going to be harder now than it once was, being that you must simultaneously account for that adorable little human you created.
8. Maybe you’re still peeing yourself a little every day. It’s okay.
9. And those stubborn pregnancy pounds you just can’t shake? Give yourself some time, mama.
10. Your baby loves you anyway. Promise. Say it out loud if you have to!
11. You can’t be too hard on yourself.
12. Yes, millions of other women have managed to raise children before you. Don’t let that fool you into thinking it was easy for any of them, either.
13. You’re allowed to falter here and there.
14. It’s okay to fold under the pressure of it all and break down and cry.
15. When you feel overwhelmed, stop and BREATHE. Then proceed.
16. You can’t do everything, so don’t try to.
17. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
18. Your loved ones WANT to help, they really do!
19. Your old life is exactly that—your life. Focus on building your new life, and the many joys it will include.
20. The future will bring many hurdles, but also countless treasured moments.
21. Those other moms are right: Every single day gets a little bit easier.
22. Nothing is as scary as it seems at first.
23. Adapting can be hard, but you’re more than capable of tackling this.
24. Being a mom rocks.
25. You are a superhero—to at least one tiny adorable human.